c.im is one of the many independent Mastodon servers you can use to participate in the fediverse.
C.IM is a general, mainly English-speaking Mastodon instance.

Server stats:

2.8K
active users

#betar

6 posts6 participants0 posts today
Continued thread

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm only a solitary analyst, working through health complications and chronic pain issues; as hard as I try, I can't talk about every story or I want to, or debunk as much spin as I observe in corporate media outlets. Unfortunately in the time since I last covered the Trump regime's ICE abduction of a student protest leader legally residing in the United States, for purely ideological reasons, the Pork Reich has expanded its war on international students who protested Israel's US-back genocide of Palestinians in Gaza; first targeting other students at Columbia, and now expanding to additional schools, like Tufts University, and the University of Alabama.

As I (and many others) predicted, the Trump regime's use of immigration powers to engage in fascist ideological policing, and its loyal Gestapo (DHS/ICE) didn't stop at the illegal abduction of Mahmoud Khalil. In the time I've been writing about other stories, I've failed to talk about a lot of important information and events that shed light on how Trump is using his authority over immigration enforcement to prosecute a war on protestors, and protect a genocide he now owns just as much as the last administration and the rest of the imperialist US establishment do. Unfortunately, I can't rewind time; but I'm going to include some short posts with links to articles talking about what we've missed. It's a lot of reading, but putting it all here in this thread at least allows me to reference these incidents later, once I'm up to current events.

Let's start by looking at Betar; an international, pro-Israel right wing extremist (so, fascist) group who claims to be behind the ICE abduction of Khalil and boasts about supplying the Trump regime with a target list of "thousands" of people for harassment and deportation.

commondreams.org/news/betar-de

Far-Right Group Sent List of Palestine Defenders to Trump Officials for Deportation

"Betar, the international far-right pro-Israel group that took credit for the Department of Homeland Security's arrest of former Columbia University graduate student and permanent U.S. resident Mahmoud Khalil for protesting the annihilation of Gaza, claimed this week that it has sent "thousands of names" of Palestine defenders to Trump administration officials for possible deportation.

"Jihadis have no place in civilized nations," Betar said on social media Friday following the publication of a Guardian article on the extremist group's activities.

Earlier this week, Betar said: "We told you we have been working on deportations and will continue to do so. Expect naturalized citizens to start being picked up within the month. You heard it here first. Those who support jihad and intifada and originate in terrorist states will be sent back to those lands."

And just in case you think I'm being uncharitable about describing Betar as a fascist organization:

"Critics have voiced alarm about Betar's activities, pointing to the pro-Israel Anti-Defamation League's recent designation of the organization as a hate group. Founded in 1923 by the early Zionist leader Ze'ev Jabotinsky, Betar has a long history of extremism. Its members—who included former Israeli Prime Ministers Yitzhak Shamir and Menachem Begin—took part in the Zionist terror campaign against Palestinian Arabs and British forces occupying Palestine in the 1940s.

Today, Betar supports Kahanism—a Jewish supremacist and apartheid movement named after Meir Kahane, an Orthodox rabbi convicted of terrorism before being assassinated in 1990—and is linked to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud Party. The group has called for the ethnic cleansing and Israeli recolonization of Gaza. During Israel's assault on the coastal enclave, which is the subject of an International Court of Justice genocide case, its account on the social media site X responded to the publication of a list of thousands of Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces by saying: "Not enough. We demand blood in Gaza!"

As noted elsewhere, White House officials refused to comment on whether or not they were working with Betar, but given that former executive director of the US chapter, Ross Glick, confirmed the existence of the targets list, and held bipartisan meetings about punishing anti-genocide campus protesters with Senators like (R) Ted Cruz, and (D) John Fetterman, it seems entirely plausible that the regime is using Betar's list to target international student protesters for fascist reprisals and deportations.

Common Dreams · Far-Right Group Sent List of Palestine Defenders to Trump Officials for Deportation | Common DreamsBetar—which the pro-Israel Anti-Defamation League has blacklisted after comments like "not enough" babies were killed in Gaza—says it provided "thousands of names" for possible arrest and expulsion.

#palestine
#Betar #FarRight #US
@palestine
"The American branch of the Betar Zionist movement, Betar US, says it has sent "thousands of names" of Palestine defenders to the administration of President Donald Trump for potential arrest and deportation, as part of its new smear campaign targeting participants in pro-Palestine protests across the country"
For this purpose "The extremist group is using facial recognition technology and social media" How is this even legal?
presstv.ir/Detail/2025/03/15/7

PressTVFar-Right Betar group sends list of thousands of pro-Palestinian activists to Trump admin. for deportationThe American branch of the Betar Zionist movement, Betar US, has sent "thousands of names" of Palestine defenders to the administration of President Donald Trump for potential arrest and deportation.

A far-right Jewish/Israeli group that claimed credit for the arrest of a Palestinian activist and permanent US resident who the Trump administration is seeking to deport claims it has submitted “thousands of names” for similar treatment.

Betar said on Monday that it had “been working on deportations and will continue to do so”, and warned that the effort would extend beyond immigrants. “Expect naturalized citizens to start being picked up within the month,” the group’s post on X read.

It was revealed this week by Zeteo that Khalil had emailed Columbia University the day before his arrest, appealing for protection and telling the university’s interim president that he was being subjected to a “dehumanizing doxxing campaign” that week led by Davidai and David Lederer.

#israel #betar #enemiesOfDemocracy #hostilestateactors #palestine #gaza

theguardian.com/us-news/2025/m

The Guardian · Pro-Israel group says it has ‘deportation list’ and has sent ‘thousands’ of names to Trump officialsBy Anna Betts

“THE FAR-RIGHT GROUP BUILDING A LIST OF PRO-PALESTINE ACTIVISTS TO DEPORT”

by Jonah Valdez in The Intercept @theintercept

#Betar U.S. said it has shared with the Trump administration a list of the ‘names of hundreds of terror supporters’”

theintercept.com/2025/02/06/be

The Intercept · The Far-Right Group Building a List of Pro-Palestine Activists to DeportBy Jonah Valdez
#Press#US#FarRight

“Operation Wrath of Zion" Aims to Dox and Deport Pro-Palestinian Protestors in New York City (Jack Poulson | Drop Site News, 2025-01-30)

dropsitenews.com/p/israel-pale
———

“This week, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to cancel the visas of college students who protest in support of Palestine, opening the path to their deportation. A small company called Stellar Defense & Cyber Intelligence is ready to help by deploying AI technology to identify anonymous, masked pro-Palestinian protestors, ...”

#Betar is a self-described ‘right-wing Zionist’ youth movement that has made prominent use of the facial recognition tool. Together, they hope to feed the names of pro-Palestinian protestors to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (#ICE) ...”

#USPol #ExecutiveOrder #FacialRecognition
@palestine@lemmy.ml @palestine@a.gup.pe @israel

Drop Site News · “Operation Wrath of Zion" Aims to Dox and Deport Pro-Palestinian Protestors in New York CityBy Jack Poulson

“‘Operation Wrath of Zion’ Aims to Dox and Deport Pro-Palestinian Protestors in New York City”

by Jack Poulson in Drop Site News on Substack

“Steered by a ‘right-wing Zionist’ organization, the campaign is using facial-recognition technology to intimidate and out activists demonstrating against Israel”

open.substack.com/pub/dropsite

Drop Site News · “Operation Wrath of Zion" Aims to Dox and Deport Pro-Palestinian Protestors in New York CityBy Jack Poulson
#Press#Stellar#Betar

'Betar is a self-described “right-wing Zionist” youth movement that has made prominent use of the facial recognition tool. Together, they hope to feed the names of pro-Palestinian protestors to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and other law enforcement, according to statements made by both groups.' #Betar #USA #Trump #Zionism #Zionazis #Netanyahu #Gaza #Palestine #warcrimes #Israelism #Ziofascism #Hasbara
dropsitenews.com/p/israel-pale

Drop Site News · “Operation Wrath of Zion" Aims to Dox and Deport Pro-Palestinian Protestors in New York CityBy Jack Poulson